1. Create a new UWP Unity Project
2. Add “Client/Libs/Unity” files into the project
a. UWP dll should have “WSAPlayer” as only target
b. Create a script named “CollaborationManager” :
– Create two client properties: server address and name
– Create an asynchronous function for the client connection
– Create a function to initialize the shared properties, if they already exist online it can be a good idea to retrieve them.
– Once the property is shared, handle the event trigger when a property is updated on the server.
– It is important to understand that when you get a shared property value from a notification, it is executed on a different thread than the Unity main one.
This is why we need to pass the value through the Unity Update thread.